Friday, September 4, 2009

My Thoughts on Rappers of Today, or music in general.

I am sick and tired of hearing music that all has the same concept and same type of rhythm.
Really and truly,
I hate hip-hop 2009, it's not the same anymore, everything is commercial shit.
What happened to the days where music actually made sense,
and actually contained REAL words, not words made up just so the ending of the bar rhymes with the previous.
I miss the days when Nas was performin' "Wun Love" and When Wu-tang was heavy in the game.
To me that's real hiphop...
I mean Hip Hop is part of history.
I feel it shouldn't be made into something that people do just to make money,
and now a days thats why a lot of people go into the rap game...for the money.
Not because they honestly, and truly love music and have a passion for it.
If rappers/singers of today actually had a real passion, then their names would be big... and unforgetable.
Micheal Jackson for example... (Rest in Peace)
He not only made very good music, but has influenced many people in the music industry.
That's the impact every artist should have.
Nas, Wu-tang, B.i.g, Tupac and more.. (basically old school rappers)
have made an impact on every rapper out there.
I personally, Do not like rappers like Gucci Mane, Or Soulja Boy or Lil' Wayne.
Because to me, their shit either a) don't make any sense b) is only made for ->> $$$$$$
If I can't sit down and say you know what, this is some REAL SPIT, then I don't wanna hear it.
People make music, to express their feelings, or to explain a story, or to talk about what they been thro.
If I don't feel a personal connection with the artist and the song, Then... I don't feel moved to listen to the artist... or to even continue to play the track...
Personally I feel that hip hop of today is made a mockey, and isn't done the right way.
Which is sad.
I refuse to take in anything from 09 at the moment, because it makes me mad listening to it.
I think rappers, singers, song-writers should step their game up.
Hopefully going into 2010, it gets better, and improoves..,instead of getting worse.

2 comments:

  1. "Personally I feel that hip hop of today is made a mockery, and isn't done the right way"

    I agree with that 100.9999%
    the majority of these rappers are just that rappers not lyricist and the few exceptions don't get main stream play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to find good information from your blog articles.

    ReplyDelete